[aklug] Re: FOSS users group

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed Mar 09 2011 - 01:06:14 AKST

Quoting Dale Rooney <dale.rooney@gmail.com>:

> Mike, looking at the people in the group and the discussions on the
> mailing list, I think that anyone who isn't technically proficient is goin=
> to feel out of place. Don't get me wrong the group definitely works for
> those that are attending but I think less experienced users would be bette=
> served by a group with a more general focus. I don't want to stir things u=
> by asking the group to change into something else but I do hope that many =
of
> the aklug members would want to participate in a foss users group.

I don't think you are stirring things up. Not trying to speak for =20
everyone here, but even with the technical proficiency of this group, =20
I feel confident that we wouldn't be kicking people to the curb if =20
they asked, "How do you turn this damn thing on?" kinds of questions.

I'm suggesting that ou wouldn't have to spin up new resources just to =20
get this going.

Mike B.