[aklug] Re: Not that this resembles anyone I know.....

From: Jim <jim.wadell@gci.net>
Date: Mon Feb 21 2011 - 15:31:18 AKST

Hi Chris

I remember well about a thousand years ago (ok so it was really 1984)
when i was first working on a Unix system. Several of my friends were
singing the praises of emacs, and the vendors rep commented that you
will always have vi on a system, emacs is problematical, and it has
probably been hacked by the local guru. It has stood me well over the
years when I went on to a client site and could do the work, without
depending on a possibly non-existant toolkit.