[aklug] Re: Not that this resembles anyone I know.....

From: Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com>
Date: Mon Feb 21 2011 - 11:41:31 AKST

On 02/20/11 22:03, Jim wrote:
> http://www.infoworld.com/t/unix/nine-traits-the-veteran-unix-admin-276

Interesting, except his analysis of vim vs. emacs was a boat-load of
rubbish. The fundamental difference between the two is not core
functionality, but how commands are entered. (Which is, in the end,
really just a matter of preference.)

Yes, emacs has some more "bloat" than vim, but they are for the most
part comparable as far as provided functionality. There are also
minimalistic clones of emacs like OpenBSD's mg or Gnu's Zile.

/me ducks behind flame-retardant bunker wall.

--
frigidcode.com
theologa.indicium.us