[aklug] Re: curses based calender app

From: Robert Crowe <crowe.robert@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Feb 20 2011 - 09:48:25 AKST

Hello,
 You know-I haven't even scratched the surface in regards to usenets and
mail feeds and this may just have to be my oyster for that. The terminal
apps that I've been getting intimate with lately are Alpine for my email
(imap gmail,) Nano for text/editing (it apparently comes with CrunchBang 10
by default aaaand Alpine,) Centerim for chat-I tried to get irssi up and
running with Google chat but after headbutting the keyboard several times I
found centerim has support for jabber and by default Google talk. So that
covers text, email, and chat. The next alligator I want to wrestle is
mencoder (for archival purposes-dvdrip does well but mencoder is so tied
with mplayer and vice versa it seems logical) but not until I fester a
little with these apps.
 BTW in calcurse-use the "q" command to quit as it saves any work
automagically then hit enter. By accident I bjorked that and had to go to
the .calcurse folder in my home and delete .calcurse.pid to erase that
instance or I couldn't start a new session. Whoops. :)
On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 7:33 AM, Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com> wrote:

> * Robert Crowe <crowe.robert@gmail.com> [110219 19:19]:
> > Hello,
> > My quest for an X-less nirvana continues. :) Anyway I'm putting Google
> > calender on the side for calcurse <http://culot.org/calcurse/>. Very
> > intuitive, can import iCal (I imported all my Google calenders,) has
> > notifications, and no dependencies (besides ncurses.) And it's fast! Bob
> Good tip!
> Do you use slrn?
> --
> Tim
> tim at johnsons-web.com or akwebsoft.com
> http://www.akwebsoft.com

ΨΦ! μ~πζ≈∞Ωא
"Listen to me! When you die in Alaska you die in real life!"
"Only a fool tests the depth of the water with both feet."
African Proverb
"When in charge, ponder. When in doubt, mumble. When in trouble, delegate."
I make chaos