[aklug] Re: News - News Detail -

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Wed Jan 26 2011 - 10:33:56 AKST

* Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com> [110125 13:12]:
> I agree, this looks to be a bad idea.
>
> I do think that what should be looked at is a physically separate
> internet, potentially with portals to the public internet. This would
> give the president something he can close off in an emergency. Just like
> shutting the public gates to military bases and other government
> facilities.
>
> Of course, I don't think the National Airspace should have been closed
> down after 9/11, not for more than a couple of hours anyway. Shutting us
> down for an extended period of time like that is when the terrorists
> knew they were winning.
 I second that emotion .....

> Oh well, I don't have time for a rant right now...
  A few years ago, I told one of my more liberal friends that
  regardless of the fact that he didn't like George Bush or Dick
  Cheney - that we could agree that the first thing on their mind
  when they woke up in the morning was protecting their country.
  I could say the same for the current prez. But sometimes the
  purest of motives can generate impure ideas.... thank our founding
  fathers that we have a separation of powers.

--
Tim
tim at johnsons-web.com or akwebsoft.com