[aklug] Re: News - News Detail -

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jan 25 2011 - 12:57:20 AKST

I agree, this looks to be a bad idea.

I do think that what should be looked at is a physically separate
internet, potentially with portals to the public internet. This would
give the president something he can close off in an emergency. Just like
shutting the public gates to military bases and other government
facilities.

Of course, I don't think the National Airspace should have been closed
down after 9/11, not for more than a couple of hours anyway. Shutting us
down for an extended period of time like that is when the terrorists
knew they were winning.

Oh well, I don't have time for a rant right now...

Jim G