[aklug] Re: RAID Silliness

From: CLAY SCOTT <rudeboy@gci.net>
Date: Fri Jan 21 2011 - 19:21:01 AKST

Ok. Seems palimsest is still a little lacking. It added the drive just fine, but there doesn't seem to be any option to expand the filesystem across the newly added drive. A quick "resize2fs /dev/md0" and everything is as it should be.

I used to use 100% console-based methods years back in my slackware days partially for the sake of knowledge and the other 95% was a complete lack of faith in the robustness of any Linux front-ends like palimpsest. Given how well a lot of apps are on Ubuntu these days it seems I've grown too trusting. I'll have to go back to my console ways because it's just more fun...

Clay