[aklug] Home Media Server - Remote Linux Install

From: Robbie Soares <akdrums@alaska.net>
Date: Thu Jan 13 2011 - 17:32:21 AKST

I am wondering if anyone on the list has installed Linux on one of the "Home
Media Server" machines. I am looking at either the HP EX490 or the Acer
Aspire easyStore AH342-U2T2H Home Server. These servers are built with MS
Windows Home Server Edition installed but I like the Linux platform. I am
leaning toward the Acer Machine but I am not well enough versed in the
remote installation procedures for ANY distribution of Linux. These
machines have no video outputs on them so you can't connect a monitor
directly to the unit. They use Windows Remote Desktop or their own remote
access software.

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Robbie