[aklug] Re: GRUB RE: Friday night Linux

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Jan 10 2011 - 01:40:07 AKST

Actually, I was referring to grub2.

I was researching at freshmeat.net which I had always considered
reasonably authoritative. The last update release they show is 2008.
They do not mention grub2 distinctly or separately. If I do a search on
freshmeat for grub2 specifically, I get taken to Coreboot. Coreboot
seems to be the new name for LinuxBIOS and can boot grub2 (among other
stuff), but does not appear to be grub2.

After you questioned this, I tracked down the grub website.

http://grub.enbug.org/

They mention 2 update releases in 2010. I guess it's not so dead
after-all.

Jim G