[aklug] Re: Friday night Linux

From: Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com>
Date: Sun Jan 09 2011 - 19:27:00 AKST

On 01/09/11 18:22, Arthur Corliss wrote:
> * RAID and LVM. GRUB Legacy doesn't support software-based redundant
> array of independent disks (RAID) or Logical Volume Manager (LVM)
> configurations. This means that you must have at least one file system
> in a standard partition (or in a RAID 1 configuration) so that GRUB
> Legacy can read its configuration files. GRUB 2 supports Linux's forms
> of RAID and LVM. Thus, you can configure your system with nothing but
> RAID or LVM partitions.
I think RAID and LVM support sounds pretty darn cool, for a guy who uses
it all the time. I poked around with grub2, but to be honest it seemed
more difficult to figure out than legacy. Instead of just editing your
menu.cfg, you edit scripts that write the actual config file, or
something like that.

--
frigidcode.com
theologia.indicium.us