[aklug] Re: Friday night Linux

From: Tim Gibney <timgibney76@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Jan 09 2011 - 16:04:33 AKST

I prefer Lilo personally as well and do not care about the geewhiz features
of grub. Grub can really mess up your MBR if you do not know what you are
doing and it is way too complicated.
What I find interesting is that Ubuntu tried Grub2 a release or two ago and
downgraded back to 1.x. The upgrade to grub2 hosed my hard drive with Ubuntu
and I wonder if this is why they downgraded back to Grub 1.x. Interesting
though