[aklug] Create empty file with specified permission bits

From: Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com>
Date: Sun Jan 02 2011 - 19:15:45 AKST

Q: Is there a default Linux command (i.e., just a command, not a
function in a programming language) to create an empty file with a
specified set of permissions? I looked at TOUCH(1), but I didn't see
anything about permission bits or a mode string.

Please note, it is important that the file is /created/ with the
specified permissions, not created with one set of permissions and
altered to another.

--
frigidcode.com
theologia.indicium.us