[aklug] Re: SSL MITM Howto

From: Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Wed Dec 22 2010 - 21:25:38 AKST

As for transparent use of this with your iPhone/Android device on the
road. I just use a mobile VPN, PPTP or L2TP depending on the devices
stability with one or the other, back to our office where transparent
redirection is done to the servers I would prefer the clients speak
with. I had to figure out a good way of handling this without
jailbreaking/rooting. Alternatively there are /etc/host like files on
both platforms which would work better.

What this means for me so far is that some very, very, expensive SaaS
relationships have been dissolved and replaced with Django+PostgresSQL
and a few days of code. Eventually I'll get around to iPhone/Android
native client development and meet a few needs :)

Cheers and happy holidays!

- Shane