[aklug] Re: Maintain your own xorg.conf?

From: Tim Gibney <timgibney76@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Nov 06 2010 - 17:05:26 AKDT

I failed to mention XFree86.conf or the new modern XOrg.conf are shell
scripts and not just config files. THey ask you 5 questions and you have to
enter some values in and they save it in the XOrg.conf file in /etc/X11. I
think more modern distros might store a master xorg.conf in someplace dumb
like /usr/share/X11/Xorg.conf that might overide /etc/x11.org ... or is it
the other way around? Do a man XOrg.conf to find out what it is?