[aklug] Re: Maintain your own xorg.conf?

From: Tim Gibney <timgibney76@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Nov 06 2010 - 17:02:40 AKDT

Reminds me of Linux in the good old days of 2000. Typing Xfree86.conf and
manually entering the frequences both horizontal and vertically. You need to
get this from the manual of your monitor.
I assume 10 years later that you need to type XOrg.conf (?) to set it. No
one uses XFree86 anymore if it exists at all to run X. The XOrg.conf should
be in /etc/X11 in most if not all distros. I did this with SuSE, Redhat, and
Gentoo.