[aklug] Re: Fwd: Re: Skype calls to Alaska

From: Jeremy Austin <jhaustin@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Nov 04 2010 - 16:51:22 AKDT

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 1:29 PM, Darren Coolidge <dcoolidge@gmail.com> wrote:
> Google gmail has a new call phone option...

And to really take advantage of it, you ought to have a hard line or
cell line tied to it (Google Voice), which used to work in Alaska. I
know. My own cell is activated. But no new activations have worked for
me this year; apparently Google's routes into Alaska don't understand
DTMF. And since Google only offers this for free, there's nobody to
pay to fix it. I guess you get what you pay for.

jermudgeon