[aklug] Re: Windoze antivirus

From: Tim Gibney <timgibney76@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Oct 24 2010 - 22:03:34 AKDT

Nod32 was a nightmare on an older system I had. It interfered with the
compability of some software installations and was bloated. I use AVG now
and it seems ok. I despise most anti-virus software as there very nature is
scan every single file transaction which slows things down quite alot. AVG
runs fine on my system but it is very new and high end. In regards to
Microsoft Security, there was a report of it missing malware as the spammers
sued Microsoft not to have their software marked as adware or spyware. I do
not know if this is still the case but I wont use it.