[aklug] Re: GCI, ond others, bandwith restrictions

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Oct 22 2010 - 14:43:32 AKDT

I believe 'squid' is the usual tool in the Linux/Unix world. Same squid
as for proxying. The ones I am aware of that already have the pretty
much set up, or easily added on, are: IP-Cop, Smoothwall, & SME Server
(used to be eSmith).

IP-Cop and Smoothwall use an add-on for setting the quotas. SME Server
has it already in place and you just go to the control panel and set
your quotas.

--
Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>