[aklug] direct CDROM write

From: Christopher Howard <cmhoward@frigidcode.com>
Date: Thu Oct 21 2010 - 15:18:40 AKDT

Just thought it was interesting: was preping for my second LPI test, and found out that it is possible to burn data directly to a CD-ROM (no ISO9660 file system) by writing to the CDROM device, though this means you will not be able to mount the CD-ROM as a file-system. I wonder if you have to remember the block count later, or if /dev/cdrom will EOF like other devices. Also curious if that works differently for re-writable and non-rewritable CD-ROMs.

--
Christopher Howard
frigidcode.com