[aklug] Re: My GCI cable modem died

From: K. Savage <kbsavage@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Oct 21 2010 - 10:51:32 AKDT

Yea I had a similar issue with a couple of GCI modems, had to replace 2
within the first couple of weeks of starting the service. They couldn't
really explain what the issue was, they just said they were seeing a ton of
errors in my connection. My current modem still isn't great. If I watch the
connection light on my Router, it will stay steady and fine for a while,
then start flashing for a couple seconds, then go back to steady.
I haven't taken the time to determine if it's my router, their modem, or the
service coming into my house causing the problems. I just can't stand
calling customer service because it takes at least 10 minutes to convince
them that "yes the power cable is in, yes my computer is on, please just let
me talk to an engineer!" Makes me wish 'shibboleet' was a real thing...
http://xkcd.com/806/