[aklug] My GCI cable modem died

From: Damien Hull <damien@linuxninjas.tv>
Date: Wed Oct 20 2010 - 22:08:52 AKDT

A couple months ago I had to replace my cable modem. It stopped
working. This one just died on me. That's the conclusion I've come to
anyway.

I was trying to figure out why routers wan interface was
192.168.100.11. I plugged it into my workstation and got the same
thing. Default GW is 192.168.100.1.

I figured it's gotta be a router. Pointed my browser at it and up pops
the web interface to the cable modem. Its not much of an interface but
its something.

The modems trying to connect but nothing happens. Guess that means I'm
SOL until tomorrow. Crap!

Is anyone else having this problem?

Sent from my iPhone