[aklug] Re: windoze 7 sucks

From: James Zuelow <James_Zuelow@ci.juneau.ak.us>
Date: Wed Oct 20 2010 - 12:43:05 AKDT

----Original Message----
From: aklug-bounce@aklug.org [mailto:aklug-bounce@aklug.org] On Behalf
Of jonr@destar.net Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 11:24 AM
To: aklug@aklug.org
Subject: [aklug] Re: windoze 7 sucks

>=20
> You miss the point James. We are talking about servers not
> workstations. I don't call MS to ask for enterprise management it is
> there by default. I, personally, don't use windows for anything, all
> of my servers are Linux as I don't have money.
>=20
> Jon
>=20

LOL.

OK, just servers, even though (to me) "Enterprise Management" implies an en=
terprise -- which usually has workstations, users, printers, etc.

You still dodged the question. :)

Which "Linux" servers are you talking about?

And you WILL call Microsoft for enterprise management features once you get=
 past the basic small network case with more than a few servers.

There are tons of necessary downloads for this & that, not to mention the p=
ay for products like System Center Operations Manager, which is different f=
rom System Center Configuration Manager and System Center Virtual Machine M=
anager, all the different Forefront products, etc. etc.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that if you want a Linux enterprise but =
you don't want to build it yourself, all you have to do is pay someone else=
 to do it. RedHat has a successful business built around doing exactly tha=
t. And if you want to build a Windows enterprise, you'll quickly find your=
self outgrowing the tools installed "out of the box." Microsoft is able to=
 sell their enterprise products mentioned above because they are NOT availa=
ble out of the box.

Just my 2c.

Cheers!

James Z=