[aklug] Re: windoze 7 sucks

From: James Tweet <jamestweet@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Oct 19 2010 - 23:03:12 AKDT

Oh I'm serious. I think this is the most serious flaw Linux has. Don't get me
wrong. I love Linux.

Few of the things I love about Linux that don't exist in Windows.
1. The update manager. With 1 utility you update all of the software on my
computer. Also I just update once to get the latest software. Have any of you
installed XP lately? You need to run the update several times in a row because
they have updates of updates.
2. Ubuntu software center. I can browse and install hundreds of programs.
3. The price. $0 for new OS. $0 for upgrades. No client licenses.
4. The installation process. I don't need to download drivers from each specific
manufacturers web site for each piece of hardware in my PC.

For these reasons and many more I love Linux. But I must be honest, requiring me
to change settings in a text file sucks. I can see that it is a good option to
be able to change the settings with a text editor. But for most things I don't
care how the programmers decided the settings should be saved in the text file.