[aklug] Re: windoze 7 sucks

From: Damien Hull <damien@linuxninjas.tv>
Date: Tue Oct 19 2010 - 11:28:50 AKDT

On Oct 19, 2010, at 11:22 AM, "jonr@destar.net" <jonr@destar.net> wrote:

> Quoting Damien Hull <damien@linuxninjas.tv>:
>
>> True... I'm looking for an active directory replacement. I know
>> OpenLDAP is out there. It just seems like a lot of work and the tools
>> aren't easy to use. Not for me anyway.
>>
>> I could be missing something here.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>
> If your just looking to play with something try samba4. If you are
> looking to roll your own you can at least use samba4 as a guide. It is
> still in alpha but it is working.
>
> Jon

I'll have to take a look at it. I've been waiting for samba 4. It was
suppose to be released years ago.

This gives one a Linux server for Windows workstations. Where is the
solution with a Linux server with Linux workstations?

Talk is easy. Action is the hard part. At the end of the day we need
to be able to deploy something. I want a Linux domain environment like
Windows.

If this is out there someone should be able to show me what software
they use. I want config examples.