[aklug] Help with regular expressions

From: Damien Hull <damien@linuxninjas.tv>
Date: Fri Oct 15 2010 - 12:02:05 AKDT

Can someone point me to info on regular and extended expressions?
I installed logcheck to monitor my server logs. I added appache logs to it
and now logcheck sends me an email every hour. I need to add rules that weed
out the junk. The rules are regular and extended expressions. I'm sure this
will keep me busy for a while.

I'm not sure I need logcheck but it would be nice to get an email when
something bad happens. What ever that might be. I've also got logwatch. If
logcheck is too much at least I can read the email from logwatch.