[aklug] Re: Finding computer hardware in Achorage - analog video input

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Oct 11 2010 - 19:01:37 AKDT

Well, Doug M just just dropped me off a 2 - RCA to 1/8" mini stereo
adapter.

Despite the potential quality issues mentioned by some, I still think it
would be interesting to see just what we get out of it.

Now that I have the cabling, I just need something to give me video out.
The only thing I have is an old Sony Handy-Cam (pre digital). I'm not
sure it still works. It has bad electrolytic capacitors in the video
section. I don't know at this point if it just affects what is displayed
on the built-in monitor, or if it goes beyond that to affect other
things.

Jim G