[aklug] Re: Finding computer hardware in Achorage - analog video input

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Oct 11 2010 - 13:24:19 AKDT

I have a s-video to RCA adapter that I got from Frigid North a couple of
weeks ago. It is claims to work either direction, but I have only used
it so far to output video to a TV.

Jim Wadell and I were talking about trying it the other direction to
essentially try what you're talking about. My Thinkpad has s-video in as
well and the documentation claims it will do mpeg2 recording, but I've
never tried it. If you want, I will try to remember to bring the adapter
and RCA cable next Friday and we can give it a try.

One thing though, s-video is video only. I do have RCA cable to handle
video and both audio channels, but we would need an adapter for the 2
RCA audio cables to the audio input, standard computer mini-stereo jack
(1/8"?). I don't think I have one of those.

Jim G