[aklug] Re: sendmail replacing recipient's address with user@interfacename

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed Sep 15 2010 - 19:00:17 AKDT

Quoting "David M. Syzdek" <david@syzdek.net>:

> It has been a while since I have configured Sendmail to receive mail for
> local deliver, more common for me is to use sendmail to route mail to the
> appropriate backend server. I am however in a situation where I need to u=
se
> send mail to receive local mail for mailing lists on four separate domains=
.
> I am finding that sendmail is changing the recipient's e-mail address from
> `user@domain` to `user@interface` before delivering the mail to a user's
> mail spool. I've been pouring over the documentation trying to find a
> solution, but I've not been able to find one.
> The exact problem is that I send an e-mail to "
> syzdek@lists.hfcyoungadults.com" from Gmail or from telnet on localhost an=
> the message arrives as being addressed to "syzdek@support.bindlebinaries.c=
om
> ".

You've probably already done this, but I found this link:

http://www.redhat.com/support/resources/howto/RH-sendmail-HOWTO/c420.html

It has been a while since I've had to do any troubleshooting on a =20
sendmail box, but in the "Bat Book" there are some good steps on =20
troubleshooting rule sets.

I noticed a couple of references that might be useful as well from the =20
link above.

Folks seem to be moving to postfix, but I'm still using sendmail on my =20
local server.

Mike B.