[aklug] Re: NetBSD on Cobalts

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Sep 11 2010 - 21:55:35 AKDT

Someone suggested I chroot into my Qube install to check it out. My
first thought was, "Naw, I'd need another mips box to do that."

Now I'm wondering ... Is it possible to chroot across architectures? Is
it possible to mount a BSD drive w/ a Linux box?

I really think I just need to edit rc.conf and comment out the webmin
line to boot the box again. I think just a straight mount should enable
that much.

This brings something else to mind. It may be kind of pointless to put
anything "new" on this if I don't even have the resources available to
boot it with this little bit running. One of the reasons I chose NetBSD
is that it appeared, to me anyway, to be the least resource dependent
install I could find for this architecture.

Jim G