[aklug] Re: Higher education

From: Damien Hull <damien@linuxninjas.tv>
Date: Tue Aug 10 2010 - 15:12:35 AKDT

I'm currently going to charter college. I have an associates degree in IT.
working on my bachelors degree.
I hope it helps. I haven't done any job searching yet. I wanna walk in with
as much fire power as possible. I've gotten interviews in the past but for
unknown reasons I haven't gotten a job yet.

When I get out of here I should have about five certs and a bachelors
degree. If I get turned down with all of that then I don't know. Part of me
thinks you need to know people.

I was told by one guy that he needed a cert to get a raise. HR was part of
the process and they can't tell what you do unless they see something they
understand.

If the job says CCNP or MCSE (that's changed to something else) then they
expect you to have at least that much. HR won't know the technical details.

I'm still trying to figure out how the hiring process works.

Sent from my iPhone