[aklug] Re: GMAIL

From: Marc Grober <marc@interak.com>
Date: Tue Aug 10 2010 - 11:38:45 AKDT

What some don't realize is that writelys native format is HTML, and little o=
r nothing moves back and forth from any Microsoft product without trouble.

However, if you use writely as your native format and print from writely th=
e issues are fewer, though there are online saas products that are much bett=
er, but that improvement comes at a cost. I can recommend some if you are in=
terested (I think most polished is put of UK.) you can of course upload to g=
oogle docs in native format without conversion. There are fewer issues if yo=
u don't use ms word.

There are google help discussions regarding how to use the styles imported t=
o css through conversion, but writely really needs better GUI access and ta=
gging to make that viable for the common user. Such features are available w=
ith for fee saas online office suites, and the cost for same may well be wor=
thwhile depending on the use.....=20

Frankly, I can see no reason why writely would not be feasible in a realty o=
ffice, though one might have to examine the paradigm in use.