[aklug] Re: perl gui question?

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Sun Jul 25 2010 - 21:03:28 AKDT

On Sun, 25 Jul 2010, Lee wrote:

> What's the current recommended gui toolkit for a perl beginner to be able to quickly put
> to practical use?

<snip>

Perl/Tk has the advantage of being very portable. The last I knew even
ActivateState's Perl on Windows included Perl/Tk out of the box. If you're
not worried about portability you can use any number of tool kits, from GTK
to MOTIF and more. Perl has fairly good support for integrating into the
Gnome desktop.

Don't ask me more than that, though. I haven't used Perl/Tk in years, and I
only care about the console these days. ;-)

         --Arthur Corliss
           Live Free or Die