[aklug] perl gui question?

From: Lee <lee@afabco.org>
Date: Sun Jul 25 2010 - 18:42:17 AKDT

What's the current recommended gui toolkit for a perl beginner to be able to quickly put
to practical use?

Background:

I use a tool call cssh (clusterssh) to administrate a lot of boxes at one time. The
cssh 'clusters' (groups of machines that can be all ssh'ed into at one time) are
enumerated in an /etc/clusters file, one cluster per line. I'm comfortable with calling
it from the shell, but my colleagues are more comfortable with nice selection boxes.

This seems as good a way as any to dip a toe into the gui programming thing.

What I'd like to be able to do is have the program draw a list box composed of those
clusters in /etc/clusters. My colleagues can then select one or more than one entry,
click [ok] and the program then calls up cssh <selections> and exits.

Most of google seems to point to perl/tk, but most of those posting are also many years
old, so I'm wondering if that's still the way to go, or there's something better.

Thanks!