[aklug] Re: I'm an Android

From: Bruce Hill <bruce@slackwarebox.com>
Date: Thu Jul 22 2010 - 17:50:01 AKDT

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 02:59:25PM -0800, Christopher Howard wrote:

> Hey -- just picked up my first cell phone from ACS: The Hero with
> Android. Looks pretty cool so far. Went with the Android Life plan ($99
> for the phone, $99/month.)
>
> - --
> Christopher Howard

Wow! For $100 a month you should have unlimited everything ... including
text and video to China. So call me ... 86-18608729786 or at least text ;)

Here in the poor world we're presently on a plan with 240 mins/month and
300MB data for $14.86 USD. Incoming calls are free on all plans. And we
can call America directly from the iPhone for about 9c USD ... not bad,
especially considering that with a good signal here, the quality exceeds
that of our land line.

The closest to "college grad rates" would be 1950 mins/mo and 2GB data for
$89.61, or 3000 mins/mo and 3GB data for $135.50 ... but with either of
those plans they give you so many other things. ;)

Keep pumping that oil, Alaska! We returned last month to find our gas
price had increased to 7.06RMB per liter ($4.09 USD), while our monetary
exchange rate dropped again.

Sure hope you don't have an "Android Life" though ... Google is such an
incredibly evil empire ... beginning to make Gate's Mickey$oft seem sweet
in comparison.

Cheers,
Bruce

--
May the Lamb that was slain receive the reward of His suffering!
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the