[aklug] Re: Gui WYSIWYG web development tools

From: Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com>
Date: Thu Jul 22 2010 - 10:45:35 AKDT

On Thursday 22 July 2010, Tim Gibney elucidated thus:
> I know PostgreSQL is more SQL correct but a pain in the butt to setup
> and learn. Or am I wrong here?

That might have been the case at one point. It's quite easy to set up
(especially using distro packages). And it really doesn't have much
more of a learning curve than MySQL.

I'd go with Pg. Much better database, at least in my experience.

Disclaimer: no, not a fanboy. Started using Pg after using MySQL for
10+ years. Wish I had found Pg years earlier.

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0x73B13B6A