[aklug] Re: Last days of unlimited?

From: David Prentice <ak.prentice@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jun 22 2010 - 19:44:47 AKDT

GCI's "unlimited" is going to phase out later this year. I don't know
when, exactly. My plan will go from unlimited 4meg to having a 70gig
soft ceiling. As I understand it, at that point they start pondering
whether you're abusing your service and consider disconnecting you,
but hidden in the paperwork I'm sure is a per-gig fee for exceeding
the cap.

According to my router logs, my peak month in the last 24 was just
under 60gig, my lowest month was 20gig, and typical months for me are
around 35gig.

I don't keep a mirror and I haven't been distro-hopping in a long
time. I've been staying very satisfied with Ubuntu for a while now.