[aklug] Realtek RTL8111/8168B gigabit ethernet

From: Greg Madden <gomadtroll@gci.net>
Date: Tue Jun 22 2010 - 16:34:53 AKDT

FYI
I upgrade my box and got the realtek nic on the motherboard.. I am using the
2.6.26 kernel, Debian stable, which uses the realtek driver t r6189, which
does not work. I used a pci nic for the install.

The good news is the src for the driver is available at realtek's site, url
enclosed, and compiles and runs easily. The source package includes a
autorun.sh file for those who like automagic stuff, me.

http://tinyurl.com/2w43ckb

AMD Phenom X4 3.0, whoo-hoo :-)

--
Peace,