[aklug] Re: Last days of unlimited?

From: Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com>
Date: Mon Jun 21 2010 - 15:57:40 AKDT

On Monday 21 June 2010, michael huff elucidated thus:
> I'm not sure where everyone is at, but I subscribe to gci's "Ultimate
> Package Plus" which includes their "Ultimate extreme" internet plan
> (details here:
> http://www.gci.com/forhome/promos/xtreme/xtreme_asd7.htm ) which
> comes with unlimited internet. It's expensive (~$140/mo total), but
> again -I'm not aware of any alternatives in Alaska that would be
> cheaper (while providing adequate broadband).

I'm not sure what you consider "adequate," but I have the ACS 3Mb plan
(uncapped), and it does fine. We even get some TV shows in HD, even
though Netflix says 3.5Mb is required for HD.

Just FYI.

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com