[aklug] down-versioning an intall in ubuntu?

From: Lee <lee@afabco.org>
Date: Sat May 22 2010 - 18:54:49 AKDT

Is there an easy way to down-version an installed package in ubuntu?

details:

have been using wview (http://www.wviewweather.com/) for a while, compiled from source.
 Last year saw you could do upgrades via synaptic, even though the file structure was
different that the stock tar.gz. Once converted, worked fine until last version,
wview-5.17.3. I'd like to go back to wview-5.17.2 to see if that'll work again. I can
always do it from source, but if there's an easy flag to set in apt-get or aptitude or
synaptic or whatever, I'd like to do that first.

thanks,