[aklug] Re: GCI & ICMP

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Apr 12 2010 - 21:34:15 AKDT

I am on a GCI connection at my office. I think it's a T3, or similar.
All I actually see is the LAN I plug into, but there are a couple of
hundred computers in the building along with probably 300 voip
telephones. I don't think a T1 would cut it.

A traceroute to gci's speedtest drops out and goes to stars after 6
returns. Your static in Nome, 11 hops. gci.com - 9, Google.com - makes
it all the way home. ACSAlaska - 10, and it only returns the first one
after hitting the ACS network.

I don't think it's so much gci as the luck-o-the-draw of the route
you've chosen to trace.

Jim G