[aklug] Re: GCI & ICMP

From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@gci.com>
Date: Tue Apr 13 2010 - 10:20:37 AKDT

Depending on how your network is delivered, it could also be MPLS + tag swi=
tching artifacts.

You probably won't see the tags, which means you won't see intermediate hop=
s.
Hooray for new technologies!

FWIW, I don't have any issues with traceroutes/ICMP across the network
from any testpoint that I have access to, and a large number of those are n=
ot
"management" points, but "CPE" style, so no particular rights inherited/giv=
en.