[aklug] Re: Jobs

From: Robert Crowe <crowe.robert@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Apr 05 2010 - 18:49:48 AKDT

Watch Workplace Alaska-the IT types that help out my Area our top notch so
that usually indicates they take care of their people...granted their poison
is Window$ but no one is perfect. :)
http://notes4.state.ak.us/wa/PostApps.nsf/0/a70d0684cf61417e892576fc0073ccfb?opendocument

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Tim Gibney <timgibney76@gmail.com> wrote:

> I graduated last August and still have not found anything I.T. related.
> I admit I changed my major from MIS to Business and that might have
> something to do with this. Many employers like my skills when they found
> out
> how much I know when interviewing but would preferable someone with more
> recent experience dating many years. In this recession an employer has no
> problems finding any workers. The good news is that we actually had people
> hired last month. This is the first month where America has added jobs
> since
> 2007. Maybe the recession will finally come to an end but it will take a
> decade to hire all those who have been cut back to work again.
>
> You maybe able to qualify for additional student loans in a year or two
> where your parents income is not counted depending on how old you are and
> if
> you are still a dependent on their tax returns. I had this problem myself
> when I was younger.
>
> I would avoid looking at jobs in Anchorage. Anchorage School District is
> proposing to outsource its whole I.T. department and you will be flooded
> for
> any position here. I do not know if the same is happening with other
> districts across the state.
>
> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Christopher Howard <choward@indicium.us
> >wrote:

> > ---------

ΨΦ! μ~πζ≈∞Ωא
"Listen to me! When you die in Alaska you die in real life!"
"Only a fool tests the depth of the water with both feet."
African Proverb
"When in charge, ponder. When in doubt, mumble. When in trouble, delegate."
I make chaos