[aklug] Re: Jobs

From: Tim Gibney <timgibney76@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Apr 05 2010 - 17:28:18 AKDT

I graduated last August and still have not found anything I.T. related.
I admit I changed my major from MIS to Business and that might have
something to do with this. Many employers like my skills when they found out
how much I know when interviewing but would preferable someone with more
recent experience dating many years. In this recession an employer has no
problems finding any workers. The good news is that we actually had people
hired last month. This is the first month where America has added jobs since
2007. Maybe the recession will finally come to an end but it will take a
decade to hire all those who have been cut back to work again.

You maybe able to qualify for additional student loans in a year or two
where your parents income is not counted depending on how old you are and if
you are still a dependent on their tax returns. I had this problem myself
when I was younger.

I would avoid looking at jobs in Anchorage. Anchorage School District is
proposing to outsource its whole I.T. department and you will be flooded for
any position here. I do not know if the same is happening with other
districts across the state.