[aklug] Re: Grub and JFS

From: Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com>
Date: Tue Mar 30 2010 - 15:35:11 AKDT

On Tuesday 30 March 2010, Christopher Howard elucidated thus:
> Any of you guys using JFS for your boot partition? I read some old
> documentation indication that it is best not to use JFS and grub
> together. Is this still the case?

Shane's e-mail probably answers your question, but if you have a
standalone /boot partition, there is no reason for it to be anything
but ext2 (or maybe ext3 if you're worried about crashing while writing
to it).

You often use other file system types for their I/O and/or large (or
small) file performance. No real need for an "exotic" file system
for /boot.

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com