[aklug] Re: dd-wrt & buffalo router

From: Jeremy Austin <jhaustin@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Mar 15 2010 - 14:49:35 AKDT

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Still figuring out whats available on it, but it does appear to have
> quit a bit more than the original firmware available. It is also very
> professional in appearance. I see why Buffalo is going to that for the
> standard firmware.

Is Buffalo going to let one use all the available packages? Or are
they releasing a subset? This is quite interesting. I've flashed
Buffalo (and Linksys, etc.) with DD-WRT, and it has become my
first-grab embedded AP or router distro.

> Once I actually did it, it wasn't bad. I spent a lot of time looking at
> it because =A0was nervous about turning the whole thing into a brick.

A bit of crossed fingers, a bit of hope. It's been nice to run dd-wrt
on hardware with removable flash drives. I still like pfsense for some
applications, though.

jermudgeon