[aklug] Re: group environment configuration?

From: Thomison, Lee <ThomisonL@muni.org>
Date: Wed Mar 10 2010 - 15:05:46 AKST

I'm probably the one that initiated the discussion last year. Knowing full=
 good and well that sooner or later I'd have to find out how group admin is=
 done is done in *nix,. I've been kicking this around off and on for sever=
al years now. And being really lazy, I didn't want to go reinventing the w=
heel yet again, especially since I can't really imagine that a multi-user s=
ystem that's been around as long as *nix doesn't already have a mechanism o=
r two or six in place to handle group administration. Maybe through the ol=
d nis, or even ldap. But so far, very little.

Or maybe it's not needed and I'm just not thinking far enough outside the g=
roupthink box (pun intended). But 'sooner or later' has become 'here and n=
ow'.=20

When I decide what to do, I'll frame up a summary and post it.