[aklug] Re: An invitation: my new website, linuxprogrammingforums.com

From: Marc Grober <marc@interak.com>
Date: Wed Mar 10 2010 - 14:24:11 AKST

There are bout half dozen or so php fora that might serve, including
phorum... But that's not to say you should abandon phpbb-it's very
popular because it's so easy to get running, but subject to attack for
same reason. The biggest problem is profile and forum spam. I have
not played with phpbb for a few years, but you want to prevent posting
by persons not approved by you (or simply moderate all posts) and
implement captcha or some such not because it will solve the problem
but make it that much more difficult. If you look at the wp modules
available you will get an idea of what you need to address spam, bots
and malicious hoodlums.

On Mar 10, 2010, at 10:32 AM, Christopher Howard <choward@indicium.us>