[aklug] Re: AKLUG and others

From: Marc Grober <marc@interak.com>
Date: Fri Mar 05 2010 - 09:07:09 AKST

Lol-I had most of that included in HS programming class-could not get
any buy in from district as they focus on AP (ie the worst of java)
and "web design" and such at KCC, code for learn very little about HTML.

In talking to a CS teacher at a small outside college, they were very
excited about my focus on simulating the real world client,boss,serf
paradigm, lol, as they were realizing their kids were not prepared.

On the other hand, I did a stint at a small tech focused program, and
I'd have to say they were so focused on certs that many of their grads
could not see forest for the trees.