[aklug] Re: IPv6

From: Kevin Miller <atftb2@alaska.net>
Date: Thu Feb 25 2010 - 14:20:42 AKST

Leif Sawyer wrote:
> Commercial customers will find it much easier to get IPv6 netblocks assigned.
> We're working on some things for individual users. Hold on to your seats.

So will they advertise a customer's netblock? At work we have a number
of Class Cs which we acquired before we were hooked up via either ACS or
GCI.

On my ACS feed I advertise one of them, giving me 254 addresses to
assign as needed which is really nice. We handle our own DNS. When we
got a GCI link, they sold us a half dozen statics but wouldn't host
another of our Class C address blocks. Said it was too much work to
keep track of.

I'd be chuffed if we had the luxury of managing our own block on the GCI
side when IPv6 rolls around...

...Kevin

--
Kevin Miller