[aklug] GNU/KfreeBSD

From: Greg Madden <gomadtroll@acsalaska.net>
Date: Mon Jan 18 2010 - 15:01:09 AKST

Okay, giving the BSd kernel a go with Debian. KfreeBSd is now a release
architecture for Debian, it is treated as an equal with all other arch's.

It took me quite a bit of effort to get it installed in a vm. Tried virtualbox and
vmware, vmware was the one I finally got it to work on, maybe just luck of the
draw. I had to do a minimal install , then add packages to suit, a full Gnome
install kept failing. It seems that kvm is what folks on the kfreebsd list are
using, I have not tried kvm.

I imagine since it is a release arch it will get to the same drop dead simple
install/use of the other arch's.

--
Peace
Greg Madden